Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Obama's Education Reform

Recently I've been doing alot of looking into the Obama Education Reform and how as a college student it would benefit me. And it amazed me to see what all he plans to do with this reform. One this is lengthen the school year. I already spend 32 out 52 weeks in school why make it another 6 or 7 weeks. I'm sorry but that is way to much time to me because if the lengthen the year that means that I will have to pay more than before towards tuition.

One thing he plans to do that is in my favor is raise the maximum Pell Grant award to $5,550 a year. This is great for students who really need it that have lost their jobs in the last year or students who can't work and go to school to.He also promised to push for a $2,500 a year tuition tax credit for students from working families. For students and families like mine these things are amazing. I come from a single parent home(single mother) where my mother was lied off the start of '09. Yes I know college student can get Finical Aid but finical aid only covers so much for a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment